There’s one simple task you have to complete to be happy forever, with everything.
Sounds too easy, right?
Well, big news, it is that easy. All you need to do to be happy is this…
Don’t be afraid to be happy.
People look at me, and the things I do, and how I’m always smiling and recently I’ve heard these words pretty often since I started following that rule:
“He just doesn’t care.”
- Here are a few things I’ve done recently since I stopped caring:
- Went to a Busted concert with my little sister.
- Practice parkour/freerunning in the gym – which isn’t that impressive when you’re not very good at it yet.
- Wear a Spider-Man cycling outfit whenever I go out on my bike.
- Post a video online of me singing in my car every morning with a little list of things I’m grateful for in my life.
- Wear a GoPro on my head with crazy pigtails so my clients can see a video of them being awesome.
- Speak to a hot girl on the street because, well, why not?
Those things would have always made me happy, but now, I don’t worry about what other people will think about me being happy.
We’ve all been in situations where we’ve wanted SO BADLY to do something, but didn’t, because we were scared of what other people might think of us.
Comment on this post if you’ve ever wanted to do any of the things in this list, but didn’t because you were scared of what other people might think or say, and you’ll know you’re not alone:
- Go to a movie alone.
- Dance at a party.
- Dance at a party THE WAY YOU WANT TO.
- Go and speak to that hot guy/girl.
- Use online dating.
- Take your top off at the beach or in the park.
- Wear a bikini.
- Go to the gym.
- Sing on the karaoke.
- Sing a proper cheesy guilty pleasure song at any time.
- Go to a gig for a band or artist you love that isn’t really “cool”.
- Try an exercise you’re not sure you could do.
- Quit the job you hate.
- Drop out of university.
- Not go to university in the first place.
- “Come out.”
- Wear that top/dress/jacket/bag/white pants/any other item of clothing you saw in the shop window.
- Dye your hair.
- Get a new hairstyle.
- Blast your favourite tune out of your car with the windows down.
- Let your daughter paint your nails (dads).
- Let your son play with “girls toys”.
- Let your daughter play with “boys toys”.
I’ll be very surprised if there’s not at least one in there. And if there really isn’t, well done you! You’re probably pretty happy!
We all know the things that make us happy.
All we need to do to actually be happy is be brave enough to do them.
You are a product of your actions. If you do things that make you sad, you’ll be sad.
If you do things that make you happy, you’ll be happy!
Plus, happiness is contagious.
Here’s an amazing quote from Buddha about exactly that:
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Do what makes you happy, and then spread that happiness with everyone around you.
Help me spread it right now by sharing this post and helping to make everyone you know happy!